Tuesday, January 21, 2014

To Tokyo!




I'm in Tokyo for the week. It's not like I could be in Japan for a year and not visit the largest city in the world. Though it used to be regarded as the most expensive city in the world, I'm trying to save money where I can.
I'll be staying in a youth hostel that is 12 people to a room for $25 per night. I also found that the cheapest way to get to Tokyo from Osaka was actually to fly. The bullet train is $125 one way and the 8 hour night bus is $80, but a flight on the discount carrier Peach Airlines was only $50.
The flight was uneventful and took a little over an hour. Probably the most interesting thing was how we got on and off the plane. At KIX where I departed there are two terminals. Terminal 1 is for regular carriers and has the standard moveable walkways to board the planes. Terminal 2 is specifically for discount carriers and simply has doors to the tarmac where the planes are waiting. It was hardly inconvenient and I felt a little like a rockstar boarding his private jet. Though I certainly didn't have the opportunity, I thought about trying to recreate this photo with my roommate who is accompanying me on this adventure.

More Tokyo posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment