Monday, September 2, 2013

The Real Thing

I've settled into my host family's house. The first night they invited their son and daughter who live in Kyoto to come and welcome me. We had a giant meal with Takoyaki and sushi. I was stuffed! My family is very nice and I'm getting lots of practice speaking Japanese every day. We took a more formal picture, but I think this one more accurately depicts my family. I feel like I'm going get the real Japanese experience living with them. My host sister's husband is interested in cameras so we had a good chat about them, in Japanese would you believe! Classes are starting now so I probably won't have as much free time, but I think it will be a pretty awesome semester.
From left to right: (sister, mother, me, father, brother, sister's husband)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this picture.
    I'm so happy that you are in a happy home.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your having a blast :)

    ~Jared

    ReplyDelete