Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The リサイクル Shop

It's taken me a while, but I finally found the Japanese equivalent to a pawn shop. They're called リサイクルショップ (recycle shop) and it turns out there's one in my city. I visited it the other day and was blown away. On the first floor there were appliances, camera stuff, and a surprisingly wide variety of fancy teacups. The really cool stuff, though, was on the second floor.

Guitars!

Lots of them. I have my eye on a couple, but I'm going to think a bit more before making a decision. There were a lot of really cheap Fender and Gibson knockoffs that are probably illegal in the US.

Figures!

Oh so many figures. The ones that don't have a box are ridiculously cheap. For example, that giant Master Roshi is around $9. 

Kimono?

They really had everything. 





No comments:

Post a Comment