Sunday, February 2, 2014

Truly International


Though I am thousands of miles away from home I haven't gone a day without seeing the products of American companies. The culture and language are vastly different from my own, but the people are holding the same iPhones and playing the same video games that I was familiar with in the US. This used electronics store in Akihabara used to be a dealer of new Apple products even before Apple made it's big comeback. It's interesting to think that when my mother brought home our first PowerMac over 15 years ago, Japanese customers were coming to this shop to buy the same hardware. I've also been able to reminisce with my Japanese friends about the same video games that defined our childhoods. While this might not be the most heartwarming sentiment, multi-national corporations do bring us together in some ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment